Learn More About Our Traffic & Audience Growth Solutions
What is Pay-per-Click Advertising?
Pay-per-click (PPC) is text-only advertising that is seen online on places like search results and social media sites. Web users click on the ads, which take them to a landing page within the advertiser’s website. Each time a user clicks on the ad, the advertising network charges a small fee. PPC ads are one way companies do search engine marketing, or SEM.
You’ll see PPC ads in your search engine results (like Google and Bing), on social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and on millions of other websites that feature text-based advertising.
How Do PPC Ads Work?
- Step 1 – ½-day workshop with key stakeholders
- Step 2 – Research (competitive analysis, audit of current collateral)
- Step 3 – Create Discovery Workshop Findings Document
- Step 4 – Develop Messaging Framework
- Step 5 – Create Visual Brand Explorations (Mood Boards)
- Step 6 – Develop Brand Name, Brand Visual Identity, and Tag Line
- Step 7 – Create Brand Standards and Guidelines Document
Common Pitfalls for PPC Ads
You can’t know what “success” is unless you set goals.
Appropriate benchmarking and goal-setting are key to measuring your campaign’s effectiveness.
Don’t just “Set It and Forget It.”
It’s essential to monitor your ads and revise them based on their performance. More effective ads generate more clicks, visits, qualified leads, and ROI. What to edit? Try changing tone of voice, keyword usage & placement, and content and see if you can get even better results.
The landing page is as important as the ads.
If you’re really looking to generate new business and qualified leads (and who isn’t?), make sure to create focused, coherent landing pages with a clear, single CTA. Don’t forget to optimize your landing page for mobile as well.
Contact Us to discuss your digital marketing program.